Monday, March 17, 2008

Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Shrimp



I wanted to make pasta with pesto but had no basil or parsley. What I did have was tons of cilantro. I came across a recipe by Rachel Ray for a cilantro pesto pasta which needed macadamia nuts (which also I did not have). So here is my revised version of cilantro pesto pasta. I added shrimp to it as well. For this pasta lover this dish was true comfort food.

Ingredients

Angel Hair pasta, 3/4 package, Smart taste
Water
Salt
Large shrimp, uncooked shelled and deveined --about 20

For the pesto

1 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp red chilly flakes
2 pods garlic
1 inch piece ginger
salt
pepper
lemon juice 1 tsp

Method

Season a large pot of water with salt. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or till al dente. Drain pasta after it cooks. As pasta boils grind all pesto ingredients together to forma smooth green paste. Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Add pepper to the oil as it heats. Add shrimp and stir fry till shrimp turns pink. Add pesto and pasta. Mix all ingredients well together. Serve hot. Easy Huh?

No comments: