Wednesday, June 18, 2008

spicy cabbage and shrimp




What happens and you come home to a fridge that has only cabbage and shrimp: this recipe! Its 9 at night, I get back from work thinking I should have gotten take out yet wanting to eat something a little bit healthier. In the past months with a lot of gym workouts and eating less I've lost a decent amount of weight and now I want to keep it off. So I take my wok and throw these ingredients into it and since I was on a roll I made chapatis as well and there you have it, quoting Rachel Ray, "I had made a delicious and healthy meal from start to finish in 30 minutes". It was surprisingly tasty. I had never put cabbage and shrimp together before and the ingredients came out just right.

Ingredients
Uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp 20-30
half a cabbage sliced
One large tomato
2 tblsp sriracha hot sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 pods garlic sliced
1 inch piece ginger sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala

Method

Heat oil in a deep pan. Add red chilly flakes, ginger and garlic. Add Sriracha sauce. Add dry spices. Mix well. Add shrimps and mix into the sauce. The add the cabbage and the diced tomato. Add salt. Mix, cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Remove lid and cook till most of the water has evaporated. Serve with rice or chapatis.

No comments: