Sunday, October 28, 2007

Carrot Cake



This recipe was attempted because of my husband's love for carrot cake from "Cheesy Eddies". I made this cake for my friend's birthday and she and her husband loved it. It was eaten so fast that I didn't have the time to take a proper picture. This recipe is my modified version of the recipe from the Victory garden cookbook by Marian Morash. It’s a very moist cake and quite delicious. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do.

Ingredients
2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 ¼ cup oil
4 eggs
3 cups shredded carrot (I buy one small bag of baby carrots, grate them all up finely in a food processor and use it all)
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ cup raisins

Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl. Slowly beat in the eggs one by one. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, adding mix slowly in batches and beating with each addition. Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins (Don't beat STIR). The mixture will be heavy and thick. Grease a 12 inch pan and dust with flour. Pour in the cake mixture and tap down the cake pan to release air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. Cool and ice with the cream cheese frosting (recipe included in the coconut cake recipe, just omit coconut cream and coconut flakes from the recipe. Use good quality vanilla please.)

No comments: