Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mixed Berry Smoothie: A healthy start to the day


I'm not a breakfast person. Its something in me: I just can't eat anything in the morning. I feel sick if I have to. The worst part is I that I know that breakfast is a very important meal and should not be skipped. So I have started adding a smoothie to my diet in the morning. I picked up a couple of bags of frozen berries from the frozen section of the grocery store and a package of vanilla yoghurt (I use milk in place as well).In the morning I quickly blend all the ingredients and gulp it down. I get my daily dose of antioxidants, calcium and yumminess. I try and manage this twice or thrice a week and don't feel guilty about skipping breakfast.

Ingredeints

1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (Add half a banana if you have on hand)
1 cup vanilla yoghurt (or 1 glass milk)
2 tsp sugar

Blend together in a blender for a minute until the berries and fruit are mixed together into a smooth thick mixture. Pour into a glass and drink away.

For fun variations, add ice-cream or orange juice in place of yogurt/milk.If you add orange juice, try adding a few mint leaves/dry mint in as well.

No comments: