Friday, December 19, 2008

Fish Tacos



This is a perfect meal for a busy work night. I took the Tilapia fillets out of the freezer and put them into the fridge before I left for work this morning. When I got back I put the filling together in 10 minutes. Using store bought corn tortillas I piled up my soft tacos in no time. It was yummy and perfect.

Ingredients (makes 8 tacos)

2 tilapia fillets or any mild fish
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp red chilly powder
salt to taste

Corn tortillas (preferably the thin small variety)
Fillings for taco

Lots of fresh chopped cilantro, about a cup or so
1 lime
1 large onion chopped onion
1 large tomato chopped
Store bought or my salsa recipe
Sour cream

Method:
Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions and green peppers. Cut the fish into small pieces and add to the onions. Add all the spices and salt. Mix well together and cook till the fish is well cooked. As you cook the fish cut the fish into even smaller pieces so its easier to fill. Heat the soft corn tortilla in a pan. Spread salsa on it. Add the fish to the centre.Squeeze some lime juice on it. According to your preference add cilantro, tomato, onion and sour cream in whatever proportion you prefer. Roll and take a giant bite.